Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Whispering Leos

 Yah man, I'm still alive. Things at home have been really crazy. I recently started selling my vintage and working at Crimson and Clover. On top of that, I still work at Magpie full time. Then my mother in law moved in with me, my husband, my two dogs, one cat, and shit loads of clothes , music equipment and records in our one bedroom apartment....And, ON TOP OF THAT, she was in the hospital for awhile for mini strokes just as she moved in with us. Needless to say , I have been burnt. Big time.
Lifes good! Diggin' on Crimson. Had a soul mending vacation up in Dunsmuir Ca. (blog post to come) and tonight I celebrated my 6 year eloping anniversary with my awesome husband Joe Kojima.
So ,  I thought I would share this birthday party I went to. It was called 'Leo Fest'. Hosted by Mike and Laurie Blanchard of the Whispering Chingaderos.  A night full of stompin' and rompin' . Tunes from Th' Losin' Streaks, Whisky Pills Fiasco, The Whispering Chingardaros, and 50 Watt Heavy. Check it out!




The stage
 John Waters vibe, for sure!
 Th' Losin' Streaks

 Whisky Pills Fiasco
 My honeys guitar

 The Whispering Chingaderos 

 50 Watt Heavy
 Party has come to an end, and now it is time for some late night doughnut deliciousness! 
 My newly thrifted gem. Leather fringe jacket..OMG! 

Hope all of you are having a groovy summer!
xoxo

3 comments:

Gina said...

So good to finally get an update on your life! It definitely sounds like things have been crazy for you, but I'm glad to hear you're handling it all like the champ you are. Love and miss you, Kerry!

flaming hag folkwear said...

happy anniversary to you and joe!
that bday party looks like it was loads of fun. your new jacket is awesome, and the necklace looks perfect on you!
cheers to selling loads of your stuff at c&c and turning it into your only gig :)
xo

Porkchop Rules said...

Ha good times...dang I want to see your whole outfit...lookin good rock.n.roller. Yum those dounuts are the best in town!